9.2.09

CicumciZion Day!

OK. Today was absurd. I mean, seriously people. All morning everyone was running around the house trying to get things ready for this bris milah thing that was happening. My foreskin was being cut off and they are acting like they are getting ready for a party. Well, as it turns out, they were getting ready for a party. A PARTY! They decided to have a party for the cutting of my foreskin. C'mon people. Does anyone else think that is a little messed up? This whole religion thing is starting to freak me out. I mean, I love my mom and dad and my grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends and stuff, but a party? When I get old enough to do something about this, you people are in for it.....if I can remember, that is.

I met many new people today. People started arriving at about 11:30am for a 12-noon "tip-off." They kept coming and coming until there were about 30 people there. There were grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, medical school friends of dads, camp friends and college friends of mom and dad, frisbee friends of dad, and even two GREAT GRANDPARENTS! That was exciting! I hope I get to be great and grand like them one day! Even though they were there for a party I didn't support, it was good to meet all of them.

So at this bris thing, what happened was that first Great Grandpa Harold (mom's grandpa) brought me in, handed me to Grandpa Gerry (dad's dad) who handed me to Grandpa Mark (mom's dad) who then sat in the "Chair of Elijah." Some prayers were said in a laguage I did not understand (Martian? Jupitian? Spanish? Hebrew?! Who knows?!) and then I was passed to uncle Josh (mom's brother). He restrained my legs and my arms and held me down on a pillow. Then I was given what appeared to be gauze soaked in Manischevitz. Man, that was good stuff. After sucking on that for a few seconds I felt really funny. Everything around me looked so funny and I began to slur my noises together. Then this bearded fellow wearing a white cape came at me with a bunch of metal pieces and the next thing I knew, I was crying, mom was crying, some random people I didn't know were crying, and dad was holding me up over his head and smiling.

Next everyone ate what dad called "Jewish Food." This consisted of egg salad, tuna salad, cold cuts, chopped liver, potato chips, pickles, and some salads. Most people then had a few glasses of wine and at one point, a whole group of people took a "celebratory shot" of Johnny Walker Black. Rumor has it that Uncle Justin didn't finish his shot and then people yelled at him. I cannot confirm or deny this as I was being loved and kissed and touched in the other room.

Basically, Good Times were had by all, including myself after I learned that dad had gone through the same thing. Thanks for coming everyone! I love you all and can't wait to see you again!

PS- See the photo below where I got really good facetime with Nemi the dog!!














2 comments:

  1. zanedogger, put down the bottle. i know it hurts. ask your mom and dad for more manischevitz. you are a brave & courageous tough guy. cant wait to nuzzle your face off. p.s. your martian, jupitian comment= brilliance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious. Love the blog and the photos, nice work guys! Inzane work, even.

    ReplyDelete