7.9.09

Labor day... wow

Some people say that the live a busy life. Not like me. Some people say they have a fun life. Not like me. MY life is inZaaaaaaane! From mommie and baba's (dad insists on being called "baba" now because his friend Karen told him it means "dad" in Swahili) 4 year anniversary on September 3rd until September 7th (Labor Day), we did SO much stuff! Baba planned a special day for the anniversary, which brings me to the point, why celebrate an anniversary when every day is a day filled with love? Anyways, we first got sandwiches, well, we didn't, mommie and baba did, and then we went to this giant boat called the Mary Jemison. We then got on said boat and took a sweet ride on it. We went down the Erie Canal for 1.5 hours and saw the University of Rochester, Gennesee Valley Park, and even Intersate 390! That was the best! I saw lots of leaves and trees (Trees, Trees, Zane loves the trees, Leaves and Trees and Trees and Leaves and Zane loves the Trees. TREES!), I saw birds, I saw Yellowjackets, and I saw mommie and baba kiss.....ON THE LIPS! It was actually gross.

After the boat ride we went to a Maize Maze.....so clever....It was so much fun! I saw goats, lots of corn, and I got to see baba submit to the people who run the place and practicly cry so they would tell him how to get out. I mean, I was hot and sweaty too, but dood, you're going to be a doctor and this is a maze for kids! You wuss. After the maize maze mom and baba got ice cream and i drank moms milk and pretended it was frozen. We then went home and we got ready for dinner. In preparation for dinner i layed on the floor and played and mom and baba took showers. When I realized that they were putting on nicer clothes and I was not, I realized that something was up. I was right. Aunt Niki showed up a few minutes later and mom and dad abandoned me for the night. They went to a fancy dinner and I hung with Aunt Niki, and by hung, I mean, I slept and she hung out by herself downstairs.

The next day we went to the pool Aunt Niki belongs too. I hanged out with my cousisns Sophia and Talia. We all went swimming and they showed me how to jump into the pool and go underwater. It was nice. Dad and uncle Scott enjoyed a cold pitcher of beer at the pool. I can't wait until I am 2.1 years old so I can drink too. It is 2.1 years and not 21 right? OR was baba LYING!!?!?!? After the pool we went back home to have dinner with Uncle Pete, mom and dad's friend from college. Pete looked the same as last time I saw him but he told me I was bigger. That's weird. Why did I grow but he did not? We're both eating, right?

The next day we woke up at the buttcrack of dawn, packed up our stuff and were off....to another boat?! I was a little confused having just been on a boat but I let them put me in my carseat and take me wherever they were going. As it turns out, we were going on a fishing and boating expedition with baba's ultimate frisbee friends! We rented a pontoon boat for the morning and fished and just hung out. It was great. Aunt Ang, who is a reading teacher, was there, and she read me tons of books! I also got to hang out with other ultimate legends like Kenny, Rhi, New Guy, Sean, Liz, Lucas, and Abbey. That afternoon/night we drove to Buffalo to have dinner with Jon and Amy Mahoney, the newleyweds whose wedding mom and dad went to (WITHOUT ME!) a few weeks ago. It was great to see them and their new house. I PARTY FOULED and spilled a beer when I was there. I didn't know what a party foul was and dad ended up having to explain it to me. Luckily I am cute because if it was baba who spilled the beer Amy and Jon may have sent dad packing. JUST KIIIIIDDDDING! After dinner we drove back to ROC. I slept the whole way and so did Baba! I cannot confirm that Uncle Evan and Aunt Shaughna were at Jon and Amy's too because when I went to bed they hadn't arrived yet. BUT, rumor has it that they were there.

On Sunday we went to the pool again! I love the pool and swimming! It is SO much fun! After the pool, Niki, Sophia, Talia, mom, baba, and me all got in the car and went for a one hour car ride. When the ride was over, we were at the New York State Hot Air Balloon Festival! It was SO awesome! There were TONS of hot air balloons. So many different colors, different shapes, and the sounds of them blowing up were amazing!!! It was truly stupendous!

The next day, Monday aka Labor Day, Grandma Black came to visit! It was so great to see her! We played, read books, and went for a long walk to the sub restaurant. Everyone got subs but me. I just ate squash. Sweet.....It was great to see grandma. She is so nice and so much fun to play with. After grandma left, mom, baba, and I went to Canandaigua Lake where we met up with some friends and Dr. Julie Pasternacks house. Julie was one year ahead of baba in med school but since he took a year out to get his MPH, she is a doctor now and he is not, so we call her Dr. and him not-Dr.. We had a great time out there. We saw Anat, Tisah, and Owen, all super awesome friends! We also met julie's BF Seth.

Ok, enough about me, what's up with YOU?!


Hot Air Balloon Festival!



Me with Jon and Amy post party foul!



I'm tired from all the weekends events!



Me and Tisah in Canandaigua!


Owen, Baba, Tisah, Anat, Me!


Me and Grandma!



Me and Baba on the Drums!



Me and Mommie on the Mary Jemison



Baba Kissing Me on Mary Jemison!



More Mary...



Mary More...



The famiglia w/ U of R in the back!



Me and the ROC in the background!



Me and Baba yelling at the Goats.



Baba, Me, and Trees and Leaves.



Mom Twirling her hair w/me and the goats and leaves and trees.



The Maize Maze. Baba is a wuss.



Us in the maze. I'm sleeping.



Feetsies.



Nekkid.


Me, Sophia, and mommie in the pool!



Me, Sophia, Talia, and mommie in the pool!



Put your hat on straight, baba.



Getting dry and hanging out at the pool.



Eating Toys. Nom nom nom.



Talia and me are playing.



More playing....



Baba bought me a new hat! Shweeet!



Life jacket on the pontoon boat.



Dad trying to catch fish on the boat.



Call me Captain Zane.



Ang is reading me books!


Who is the balding guy swimming? Oh, that's baba.



Me and Rhi getting our Tan On!



Ewww. A worm! Get that away from me mom!



In my tent. With jacket on. On the Pontoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment