13.4.09

Road Trip to Connecticut... Happy Passover!

Ok now I really don't know where to begin, so, I'll begin here: I have been "out of my element (Lebowski!)" for the past 6 days! I was so excited to go to Grandma and Grandpa Weinstein's house but of course so sad to leave my daddie and my sisters. I did, in a way, however, want to leave home, because it's really not that awesome having dogs lick your face all day when you have no control over your arms and legs so you can't stop them from doing it. Anyways....we drove 6 hours to Connecticut on Tuesday to go to Grandma Karen and Uncle Mark's house. I was so excited to see them and to see where mommie grew up. She told me we had lots of plans and I couldn't wait. I slept for three hours in the car. Then mommie fed me and I pooped all over the back seat, then I slept for another three hours and poof, (picture a cloud of smoke), we were in Woodbridge, Connecticut! Yeah!

We got to the house and mommie showed me all around! It was so cool to see where grew up and got into trouble during her adolescence. The next day we drove to my Aunt Jill's house for the first night of Passover. My. First. Passover Ever. My. First. Seder. EVER! And the first time I was going to meet all of Grandma Karen's family. I was so excited I was like a piece of gafilte fish jumping out of the gel it is preserved in! There were so many people to meet! The first night Seder with the entire family was a big tradition going way back on Grandma Karen's side - the Silver side. There were 30 people there and "we were family, Me, my brothers, sisters, and ME."

Before the Seder started, Mommie's friend from college Aunt Kristy came to visit with my new friend Heath! Heath is five months old so only a little older than I am! We hit it off right away. I cooed to him and he cooed back and we just cooed about stuff. Luckily mom and Kristy can't coo, because if they could, they would know about the naughty things we were cooing about. What was most exciting about this particular play date was that we got changed at the exact same time! I can't wait to chill and get changed with him again.

Then the seder started and it was an infinite amount of fun. If I had to say so, I would say that everyone there achieved maximum fun and a high level of psychdedness. People were clapping and singing and drinking wine. It was great. I got to recline in my chair with my kippah from cousin Rebecca and my Hagaddah. I even got to coo the four questions - I was the youngest! Coo-nishtana halilah hazeh, coo-kol halailot. The food smelled delicious but I only got to taste it a few hours later, in the milk of breast! Yummy brisket, matzah ball soup and gefilte fish! I met so many people - great aunts, cousins, and more. (see the photos below). I wanted to spend every moment with them so I stayed up forever and didn't take one nap that entire day! Guess what happened, I slept through the entire night!

The next day we were having the Seder at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We had friends and family this time - My Great Aunt Jill and Uncle Don's family (grandma karen's sister) and My Great Aunt Elinor and Uncle Billy's Family (grandma karen's brother) and my new close friends the Bush's. Before the Seder, Grandpa Mark, Mommie and I went for a walk. It was so nice to smell the fresh air and see the sky! The air in CT is warmer than the air in Rochester, according to mommy. I agree with dad, I think she is full of it.

The Seder was great - I got to play with my new friend Noah! He is the Noah Bush. He is almost one and was walking around and touching me. He walked for the first time on his own that day. I had a blast! He told me that if I continue to have a good attitude, that I will attain walking status one day too.

On Friday, Mommie went for a haircut and guess what I got to go with her! I was planning on getting my hair cut too until I found out via looking at myself in the mirror that I have no hair to cut, or possibly a small mullet at best. Everyone there had known mommie for years so they were really excited to meet me! They told me that I must have been from Planet Cute because I was really out of this world. Grandma Karen had told everyone about me so they were all so happy to meet me! Then we did some errands. We went to Grandma's tailor - Sydney and Libby - they are Holocaust Survivors. Sydney showed me an article in the New Haven Register where he just spoke about the Holocaust. I was happy to meet them. When we got home Uncle Joshie and Aunt Hillary were there! And we got to hang out!!! They made me smile and coo a lot!

Later that night, Mommie's friends came over to visit. They were Uncle Rick, Mommie's friend from high school and Aunt Dina, Mommie's friend from growing up. They got to hold me and play with me and I even fell asleep in their arms! It is so nice to sleep on new people. I don't know why it is, but it is, that's all I know.

On Saturday, I played some more with Uncle Joshie, Aunt Hillary, Grandpa and Grandma and then later on that day, I got to meet more of my new friends, Saidain who is 18 months and Nathan who is almost 1! Aunt MaryPat, Aunt Liza and Uncle Grant all came too! MaryPat and Grant are Nathan's parents and Liza is Saidan's Mom. They are all friends of Mommie's from high school. I had so much fun even though I just laid there most of the time. MaryPat and Grant couldn't believe how light I felt (even though I weigh 12 pounds!) because they were used to holding Nathan who is much older than I am! Grandma's friend Susan came to visit me too! So many people - so many new faces - so many good times - so many diapers.

On Sunday, Grandma's golf-friend Kris came to visit and then we had to pack-up and leave.
I was so sad to leave but so excited to see Daddie (and nemi and dosa of course)! The trip was so great! After thinking about it for a few milliseconds, though, I knew that things would be okay and that our paths would cross again.

What a great week. Now I am home. And back with daddie, nemi and dosa. And guess what daddie comes home earlier now and plays with me! Sweet Home Alabama.


aunt hillary, uncle josh, mommie and me! (the real ones!)



tummy time...



photo shoot with REAL-aunt hillary and REAL-uncle joshie.



REAL-aunt hillary and me.



aunt mary pat, nathan and mommie.



lots of my REAL cousinzzz, great aunts, aunts, and poppy!



my first seder. my kippah and hagaddah!



me on grandma and grandpa weinstein's couch.



me in the house.



mommie and my great grandfather.



aunt kristy, mommie, me and my new friend Heath.



changing us at the same time.



me in the house.



heath and me.



my family at the seder.



REAL cousin elissa and me.



me and REAL aunt elinor.



REAL cousin helene and me.



me.



grandpa mark and me on our walk.



REAL aunt jill and me.



REAL cousinzzz zack and arielle and me.



my new friend noah and me.



REAL cousin elissa and me.



Great Grandpa - My POPPY!!!



Aunts and Uncles and Cousins Galore!



Grandma and me (i slept at at the hair cut!)



me, mommie and her hairdresser. mommie's hair cut!



libby, sidney, me and mommie!



me.



uncle joshie, aunt hillary and me. (hillary was making my face!)



uncle rick and me.



aunt dina and me.



me contemplating life.



Me chillin' at the playdate



my friends nathan and saidan and me!



mommie's high school friend - aunt liza and aunt mary pat and all of us!



grandpa mark and me.



mommie and me sad to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment