4.4.09

9 weekz...

Oh where to begin when you live such an inZane life...!

On Thursday Aunt Jennie and Aunt Jess came to visit. We had a great time. They are both 4th year medical students and both matched in pediatrics (Jennie is doing peds/neuro and Jess is doing peds). They decided that they needed to practice their doctoring so they examined my hips and check some reflexes and some other stuff that babies have. They wanted to practice on me, the KID! Jennie is still in love with me and even offered momy a dowry for me. What is a dowry?! Whatever it was, mom told Jennie that I was worth more than just 5 goats!

On Friday, Aunt Jess came over again but this time she sat on me, the baby. We had a fab time. Mommie went to run some errands and then talked to some Brits and Aussies on the phone. I reckoned it was something about F-E-R-N-W-O-O-D, Boom! It was so nice of my Aunt Jess to help out! We sang, I fell asleep and pooped myself, and then we sang some more! Aunt Jess's arms are so easy to fall asleep in, they are soft like a babys bottom! She also gave me some drum lessons. I tried really hard but I couldn't get my hands to make any sounds on the drum! We did photo shoots to with the Buddha (whom I have a striking resemblence to)and some other things! Jess kept calling me Pumpkin and said she wanted to eat me! She. Is. Freaking. Hilarious.

Later that night, mom and dad's ancient friends Aunt Carissa and Uncle Scott came to stop by. They were in for the weekend for a wedding and I got to meet them. They came back again on Sunday to hang out too! I am just the luckiest peach in the basket! Daddie lived with Scott in college and they were really good friends. I'm so glad I got to meet them! Uncle Scott made me take a photo with a T-shirt with a photo of Uncle Mike Gestwick on it. It said 'meh' on it too. Scott told me that Mike and I make the same noises! Hooray!

On Saturday morning, I knew it was the weekend so I let mommie and daddie sleep in. I just stayed awake in my crib talking to myself for almost an hour! It was coo coo coo and more coo co cachoos! I hope mommie and daddie enjoyed their rest. When mommie came to get me to say good morning, my entire back was soaked and my diaper weighed almost as much as I did and yep there was poop everywhere! Don't tell anyone but I think I enjoy soaking in my diaper all night! It is very reminiscent of the wet environment of mommie's womb!

I was luxurious to spend time with Daddie this weekend - he is so busy and tired all week and we hardly get to see each other. We played and read together. He read me a book about Passover to help me understand the holiday next week. I am really looking forward to the Seder and meeting the extensions of mommie's family!

Saturday night was a blast. Mommie, Daddie and I went to the Indian Cultural Center and watched a dance performance. It was my first concert ever! I didn't know what to expect but I saw lots of people dancing. It lasted a long time and we got home way past my curfew. Go me! I'm such a rebel, just like Andre Agassi.

Sunday morning I went to see daddie play ultimate frisbee. What a cool sport! I also got to meet lots of other babies. One even had the same birthday as mine! Daddie got to run around in the mud. I can't wait to do that. I also can't wait to watch daddy play again and watch the frisbee hit him in the face! Haha, he is so funny.

Sunday was Dosa's birthday! My sister turned 1 year old. I can't imagine being that old! She is such an old hag now. We celebrated with her sister Huxley (from the same litter - her actual sister) and many of her friends including Penny, Griffo, and Bella! There were so many doggies. Nemi had to have a time out because she got too rough and daddie wasn't happy with her. He nearly strangled her! I hope that doesn't happen to me later in my life. We went to Aunt Cathy and Uncle Tater's house for the party. They were so nice to host it. Daddie was worried about our muddy backyard so he didn't want to have it at la casa de Black! Aunt Abbey made doggie cupcakes and there were hotdogs, corndogs, turkey dogs, and tofu dogs, not to mention the canine dogs - so many dogs! So many of mommie and daddie's friends were there! It was so good to see everyone. The cupkaes that Aunt Abbey made causes the warm air coming from Dosa and Nemi's butt to smell like death. Like, for real.

Finally we had our last Soupy Sunday. Our friend Aunt Jenn Sally makes soup and food once a month and then has all her friends over to eat it and drink libations. It is extreme relaxation crossed with yummy food! It was my first Soupy Sunday as a live human and mommie and daddie's last of the year! I'm so glad I got to meet everyone there. What a long day!

We celebrated Dosa's birthday one last time at night. It was so great to be with my family.


dosa and huxley.



daddie carrying me around.



dosa and huxley's cake.



dosa and huxley playing.



aunt ang and aunt abbey playing with me.



aunt heather and uncle jeff at soupy sunday.



daddie and me at ultimate.



me with my new friends.



daddie took me to my first concert. india here i come.



me, aunt cathy, uncle tater buying hot dogs for dosa and huxley's party!



me in the car.



soupy sunday. aunt jen and aunt ali.



me just chillin at soupy sunday.



celebrating dosa's birthday.



dosa turns 1! i love my big sis!



me and my mommie.



Daddie - that's my tushy you jerk!


i love my mommie. fist pump!



the pediatricians are examining me.



me.



scott and carissa came to see me.



daddie and me.



aunt jess and me, the pumpkin.



me and my drum class.



me and my buddha.



my passover lesson with daddie.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and great blog!! Miss being with you to celebrate such good times.

    ReplyDelete