4.1.10

Friends Thanksgiving, Hannukah, African Drumming, Yes!

Things have been a little inZane lately. If I told you they haven't been, I'd be lying. I guess it is that time of the year, where people have parties and the time of the year when all that stuff happened with Jesus and oil burned for a long time and people celebrate African culture and all that jazz.....

So, in keeping with the chaos of this time of the year, I demanded that we have the Ultimate Thanksgiving with some of Baba's Ultimate Frisbee friends. It turns out it was a great idea, as I got to stuff my face with all of the Thanksgiving fixin's that I had just a few weeks ago at the Real Thanksgiving! Some of my closest friends came to the party so I got hugged and petted a lot!

I celebrated my first Hannukah. There. I said it. It was SWEET! I got to eat potato latkes, open presents, light candles, and even kick dad's ass at dreidel! I don't know how he is so bad when is has been playing nearly 29 times as long as I have. That's besides the point though, I guess. It was fun either way. I got so many amazing gifts that I can't even name them all. I am so lucky to have so many people that love me. Jeesh.

On to the bush....I went to a dance performance at Bush Mango African Drum and Dance studio; it's where mom takes dance classes. I loved the music SO much! I really was a slave to the groove and pretty much screamed and shook my shaker the entire show. I can't wait until I can walk so I can join the class! It was so mesmerizing to see all of the dancers and hear all of the drumming. It was great.

And finally, it's been great being home with Baba. He isn't so busy now so we have been able to go for walks and spend some good QT with each other. Oh the life.....


Mommie and the kid lighting candles for Channukkkkah



Ultimate Friends.




I'm drinking water, I swear.




Baba got me an assortment of shakers! Woo hooo!




Shake, Shake, Shake.



I heard there was a book on my head, is that true?



Nom, nom. Potato Pancakes!




Hey YOU!




My Hannukah puzzle is the shizzz.




Nobody can open presents like me.





More presents!




Ohhh. Finger paints! Those will taste good!




Stoic.




Menorah. Me. Channukkahahaha.




Channukah Bear.




It's a winter hat.




We Be Walking.




Mommie, me, and the tree.





You're not cool unless there is tupperware on your head.



Getting after it.




hahahahahhahaha





Wa wa weewah!




Two doods reading about Hannukah.




Dad sucks at dreidel.



Clothes, ahhhhh!





Ninja playing xylophone.



Ninja.




Bush Mango No. 1




Baba and I watching Bush Mango.

1 comment: